The Bowtie-Conservative

Finally, Someone is Making Sense Around Here

My Photo
Name:

I am a bowtie-enthusiast, Conservertive, political-gossip-junkie, and an armchair philosopher who hopes you enjoy his blog. I was born in Delaware, educated in Boston, and now live in Manhattan with Bruno, my Yorkshire Terrier.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bowtie-Conservative 3.0 Turbo Charged *Beta

Howdy-doodle!

It's been a long time since I have even looked at this page, but I have a decent excuse: elections.

It was only two posts ago that I promised to be more present and offer my insights on the body politic. Well, just as I explained in that post, I have been busy.

"What's the difference now?" you may be asking.

Well, this time I am working inside the political arena and have the vantage point to spill the beans before anyone else. Indeed, I have relocated from lovely Manhattan to the muggy swamp that is our nation's Capitol.

As I am sure you understand, I cannot disclose anymore details of my current professional situation as it would jeopardize my ability to feed you juicy political tidbits.

From now on I expect to have much fodder to post more frequently and hope that I will be able to rebuild by base of loyal readers.

Briefly, let me discuss the '08 contenders (oy-vey):

All "tier-1" candidates in both parties are yellow-belly, pussyfoot moderates.

The time for appealing to the mainstream is over. Gore and Bush tried to out due each other in moderation in 2000. In 2004, Kerry failed to offer a compelling alternative to the Bush administration. Now, all major candidates are devoid of any political courage. All the interesting candidates (those with personalities AND real ideas) are all shuffled to the fringe by the MSM. Am I the only one who noticed how Raul, Tancredo, Gravel, and Kucinich were all on the far ends of the stage for the recent CNN debates?

All the candidates are equally bashing Bush and one cannot help but assume that the late bloomers are doing so for fashion. That being said, I am disappointed by the lack of ideas and intelligent debate during these debates. This far from the primaries, they are too scared to take a chance on having an original thought.

Okay, I have to stop there. Bruno is getting angry.

Please subscribe to my RSS feed and tell others that the B-C is back in business.






Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home